Second March Post

I’ve started to write this month! It’s been an interesting undertaking because the way I’ve been doing it is by drawing a bunch of different scenes from various funny or thought-provoking or just beautiful things I’ve witnessed at the refugee center. Of course, at this point there is no through-line; the little stories/vignettes have no relation to each other except their subjects, and at least right now I’m hoping to end up with a longish piece (several thousand words, ideally) that flows. (Literally right now I have a few little stories divided from each other by a couple returns and a “—“.) I intend to go as in-depth as I can on one girl in particular, and maybe two if it works out that way, but the way it’s going right now, I could see the final piece being a more general ode to the children I’ve observed and gotten to know at the center and the specialness of the place itself. There are enough lovable idiosyncrasies about the everyday happenings at the after school program that I think it could be an entertaining and valuable “slice of life” type article. I definitely add my own musings along with the observations I describe, mostly because it just makes for a more interesting writing project, but I hope it will end up adding to the overall product in getting the reader to see a strange little world from the perspective of a relative outsider who loves it.

Comments

  1. I love the idea of capturing moments as they arise. They are sure to be useful to your writing, and will be great memories in the future. Thanks for your reliable posting this year and best of luck keeping up the pace during the remainder of the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second April Post

Second January Post

Autobiography