Second October Post

Tomorrow is my first day visiting RISSE this school year, and overall I feel really prepared to go in and start on my work! First and foremost, I need to make sure the subjects I had in mind for this project last year are still there and possibly scout out others to make sure I'm getting enough of them, since I really want to collect a variety of experiences. When I feel confident in the subjects I've chosen, I will talk to them about the project and give them consent forms to bring to their parents. I'm also planning on talking to the Rifat, the director, in person about my project; she and I have been in touch over email, and there are a couple things she wants to make sure we're on the same page about before I start my project.

Because I am distributing consent forms and talking to Rifat, I won't be able to start interviewing right away tomorrow, but I know it will be a valuable visit in terms of determining subjects and beginning to get comfortable with them again after a couple months of being away! I'm really excited to reconnect with kids from last year and to meet new ones, and I'm also looking forward to talking with Rifat; last year I came to RISSE as a volunteer, and this year, while I'm still definitely committed to helping out at the center, I'm looking forward to shifting my role to journalist, as well. Looking forward to being able to update throughout November on my weekly visits!

Comments

  1. Thanks for your October updates! I like how you describe your planned activities, and I think you have useful ideas for moving forward. I am sure that you will get good information to work with. I am eager to see what directions they will lead to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second April Post

Second January Post

Second February Post